We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Vehicle Modeling Engineer for the Simulation team achieve technical excellence.
In this position, you will work closely with 3D Simulation and Sensor Software engineers as well as our Simulation Content developers to build systems that support our real time 3D simulation environment.
If you're keen on an opportunity to have a big impact on the delivery of 3D simulation systems that ultimately help Cruise deliver self-driving vehicles that eclipse the capabilities of human drivers, join us!
- Develop high fidelity vehicle and road models for integration in simulation frameworks
- Validate and tune simulation models with data collected from Cruise vehicles
- Design and implement high quality performant simulations of vehicle actuators and dynamics
- Collaborate with AV Controls, QA, Systems Engineering and other Simulation teams
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years experience with vehicle component modeling from first principles (e.g. actuators, suspension, chassis, and tires)
- Experience with model validation and system identification
- Experience using commercial automotive simulation software (e.g. Carsim)
- Experience with Python and Modern C++
- BS, MS or PhD in Robotics, EE, MEng, or an equivalent Mathematical field
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Experience with FMI and OpenDrive
- Experience with Python, ROS, and distributed systems.
- Familiarity with classical or modern controls
- Experience in code optimization or high performance computing
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.