We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a talented Senior Hardware Bringup/Validation Engineer to work with our hardware team to bring new designs to life. In this position you will partner with the System Architecture, Embedded Systems, and Electrical Engineering teams to identify architecture and testing needs, design and execute bringup plans, develop test methods and the equipment needed to execute them, and work closely with technicians and outside providers to execute programs.
If you're interested in bringing up cutting edge hardware, let's chat!
- Architect and contribute to the execution of hardware bring up, validation and test support in new hardware designs
- Architect, design and implement scripting and infrastructure for automation test to meet hardware bringup and test needs
- Help develop/execute testing hardware and software for in house hardware projects, sensor characterization, calibration and test for the gamut of R&D through mass production hardware
- Communicate requirements and coordinate execution with multiple teams
- Troubleshoot and root cause, document, develop tests for known failure cases, and drive issues to closure
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Five years minimum of hardware HW bring up, validation and test experience in industry
- Python/JSON and test automation experience
- Experience building software tools and test scripts to support bringup in C/Python: whatever is most appropriate to the challenge at-hand
- Automotive industry experience
- Experience working on electro-mechanical systems or robotics/automation
- Experience in BIOS/Uboot/BSP development and testing
- Previous experience bringing up server-class systems
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.