We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
In this role, you will be deep within our data science organization. You will model the processes and related variances to measure the performance of an autonomous vehicle both on-road and in simulation. Additionally, you will build predictive models to foresee on road behavior and models for root cause attribution.
- Statistical estimation and uncertainty modeling
- Bias estimation and subsampling strategies
- Account for intrinsic non-stationarity in underlying process performance
- Significance testing of system requirements
- Rendering precise formulations of ambiguous problem statements
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of practical experience in statistical estimation
- Facility with standard statistical methods like linear and logistic regression, SVM, confidence intervals, significance testing
- Academic/industry experience in applying Bayesian methods, MCMC, Gibbs Sampling to real world problems
- Practical experience with imputation methods, censored regression
- Practical command over Python and/or R or similar analytical tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive practical experience in statistical data analysis
- PhD in a quantitative discipline (statistics, operations, biostatistics, econometrics, etc.)
- Prior experience with rare event statistics
- Experience with active learning methods (Multiarm-Bandit, Active Thompson Sampling etc)
- Prior experience with causal inference using instrumental variables and other forms of multifactor attribution methods
- Observational trial design and analysis experience, including balancing and matching techniques
- Familiarity with sequential testing methods
- Prior experience in a related robotics or autonomy discipline
- Practical experience with PyMC3
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.