We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role
The Autonomous Vehicle Development team is looking for a Senior Vehicle Process Engineer to help bring up (calibrate and configure) and troubleshoot issues on autonomous vehicles. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operation, to make our fleet successful.
Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Assist in developing, improving, and maintaining vehicle bring up processes
- Develop processes and training for vehicle technicians to take on lower-level troubleshooting and repairs
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with bring up processes and tools
- Proactively look for and drive improvements to process and design to support safety, maintainability, and scalability both at Cruise and at GM’s factory
- Work with other engineers to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; automate where possible
- Work with GM and Cruise engineers to implement new technology related to the design, bring up, and operation of the autonomous vehicle
- Collaborate with ops team to develop efficient bring-up workflows including time studies, line balancing, and continuous improvement of floor layouts and calibration stations
- Some travel may be required (<5%)
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Effective communicator and excellent attention to detail
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new technical areas
- Experience with low volume manufacturing or start-up manufacturing highly preferred
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.