We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role
The Autonomous Vehicle Development team is looking for a Fleet Reliability Engineer to help troubleshoot issues on autonomous vehicles and ensure the fleet runs safely and reliably. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operation, to make our fleet successful.
Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Investigate and resolve a wide variety of hardware, software, operational, and system-level issues, both vehicle-specific and fleet-wide
- Perform hands-on investigation of problems
- Conduct root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system
- Develop processes and training for Vehicle Technicians to take on lower-level troubleshooting and repairs
- Work to drive continuous improvement into the design, operation, and maintenance of the autonomous vehicle based on field findings
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; automate where possible
- Develop and improve upon processes for supporting the fleet at all Cruise locations
- Balance operational needs with engineering requirements to maintain impeccable safety record and high uptime
- Proactively looks for and drives improvements to process and design to support safety, maintainability, and scalability
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering
- Experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system.
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new technical areas
- Able to analyze large data sets
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, knowledge of APIs, and data security
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.