We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role:
At Cruise, we’re building a fleet of autonomous cars. As a Technical Program Manager for the Fleet Reliability team, you will directly plan and track programs around the identification and resolution of vehicle-level reliability issues across all Cruise Autonomous Vehicles, as well as drive meaningful process improvements which enable our team to operate more effectively.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work cross-functionally to align project deliverables and requirements for your team and external stakeholders.
- Develop project schedules, roadmaps and delivery plans to meet major company milestones. Help align short and long-term goals with other teams.
- Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional design reviews
- Help refine the development process and be a key representative for the team in change board and approval forums
- Build, implement, and refine cross-functional processes to enable the team to resolve issues quickly and more completely
- Act as conduit between Fleet Reliability Engineering and other departments as well as external stakeholders
- Create and organize all relevant documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in a hands-on product environment, such as manufacturing, automotive, or industrial
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines at once
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly about complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt, operate, and act decisively in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to identify and drive opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
- Experience with large-scale assembly line processes
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.