We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Vehicle Testing team to be the primary interface between Cruise teams and remote site testing facilities. As the Senior Project Manager, you will ensure remotely based Cruise teams are aligned with the overarching company priorities and are executing tests as defined and on schedule.
This role will be responsible for creating detailed test plans based on customer needs, track progress, proactively communicate deviations to plan and drive process improvement across Cruise testing sites.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Facilitate creation of short and long-term test plans from Cruise stakeholders to be executed across test facilitiesLead cross-functional efforts and align stakeholders on a variety of complex issues, affecting vehicle testing on hardware, firmware, integration, and the vehicle system
- Manage day-to-day activities of multiple projects with cross-functional teams
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to ensure the team meet short and long-term goals and metrics
- Work closely with internal teams across Cruise and with external partners to define project success criteria and objectives.
- Collaborate with Operations to drive project prioritization, identify and communicate constraints, and mitigate roadblocks
- Track and resolve operational issues in order to ensure Cruise vehicles meet testing and operational milestones
- Build trusted relationships with team members and stakeholders and keep all relevant stakeholders informed and aligned on team progress & needs
- Create, organize, and keep updated all relevant documentation
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of project management experience at a high-growth technology company
- Previous experience collaborating with engineers to manage or execute hardware test programs
- Ability to understand and flawlessly communicate complex technical systems
- Can identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Able to travel domestically (up to 25%)
- Engineering degree, PMP certification
- Experience in designing or running logistics operations
- Experience authoring business cases or running initiatives based on cost targets
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.