We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role:
At Cruise, we’re building a fleet of autonomous vehicles. As a Technical Program Manager for the Autonomous Vehicle Development team, you will coordinate a team of New Vehicle Introduction engineers and other TPMs in order to deploy the next generation of autonomous vehicles.
You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operations, to design the process to introduce, configure, and calibrate AVs. As well as to tactically escalate any identified issues from assembly plant to initial drives.
In this role, you will have a large scope of accountability, responsibility, a large set of stakeholders and customers, and you will be managing a large set of dependencies and moving parts to help deliver our autonomous vehicle platforms to the world.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop or incorporate all steps to introduce, calibrate, and configure newly delivered autonomous vehicles
- Coordinate across teams to develop processes and troubleshoot issues to ensure successful vehicle introduction
- Plan for new vehicles by validating processes and identifying and escalating risks
- Collaborate with OEM partners on the introduction of new vehicle model years and tracks
- Coordinate the execution of vehicle introduction during development phases of new product
- Own and drive program schedule and dependencies to land our deliverables on time.
- Track and report on project progress, cost, and schedules; proactively drive corrective action as needed and provide recurring updates to Cruise leadership team
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
- Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress and needs
- Create and organize all relevant documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of industry, engineering, or program management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.