We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Manager to join our Autonomous Vehicle Development Team and drive initiatives to improve fleet reliability. You will develop the issue capture, triage, reporting, and issue aggregation infrastructure at Cruise. You will build the vision for how Cruise prioritizes critical engineering problem solving, and how Cruise scales fleet reliability in the future.
This role will be expected to support the Vehicle Development team in creating a world-class program to identify and mitigate risks associated with vehicle issues. You will build a team tasked with creating issue capture tools and processes, support automated issue escalation, and bring enterprise level visibility to issues affecting vehicle, fleet, and corporate targets.
This role may also require some hands-on problem solving alongside your team, becoming the domain expert and go-to person for all things related to autonomous vehicle issue management.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Create strategy for issue capture, triage, and escalation
- Establishing reliability data systems and reporting strategy
- Work cross functionally with HW development engineering, Data Science, and Operations teams to ensure critical and actionable information is surfaced
- Lead a team to effectively identify, triage, coordinate, prioritize vehicle issues and manage issues to resolution or handoff as needed
- Assigning and appropriately escalate tasks to your team in line with overarching Cruise priorities
- Track issue progress and assist in identifying & removing roadblocks
- Create data-driven reports on issues affecting autonomous vehicle fleet
- Develop and maintain tools, training materials, and/or documents to improve the issue management process
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross-functional groups, management, technicians, operators and engineers
- Respond in a timely manner and escalate vehicle safety concerns
- Observe and enforce all safety standards. Drive a culture of safety and risk management
- Train and mentor team members in order to improve how they solve problems
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet long-term goals and key metrics
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in automotive, marine, robotics, or aerospace industries
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience building quality, reliability, or operations reporting systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing a multitude of complex issues
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multi-functional tasks
- Strong intuition regarding prioritization and escalation of issues
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change
- Self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Passion for autonomous technology and growing and mentoring teams
- Advanced Degree or MBA
- Previous experience in issue management
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Atlassian Software
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.