We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Vehicle Hardware team is looking for a Senior Fleet Reliability Engineering to troubleshoot hardware and system-level issues on autonomous vehicles and drive permanent solutions to improve fleet safety and reliability. This role is at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as at the intersection of engineering and operations.
- Investigate and resolve a wide variety of hardware, software, firmware, and system-level issues
- Lead cross-functional root causes analyses of complex fleet-wide issues on a variety of complex issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system
- Perform hands-on problem solving alongside your team, becoming the domain expert and go-to person for one or more technologies
- Train and mentor engineers on AV systems, how to conduct effective RCAs, and how to drive long-term solutions to improve fleet safety, reliability, and performance
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet goals and metrics. Actively monitor fleet health and open projects.
- Develop processes and training for Vehicle Technicians to take on lower-level troubleshooting and repairs
- Help shape the vision for developing tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; work with cross-functional teams to build and automate tools
- Work with the OEM partners to drive consistent processes for supporting the fleet to all Cruise locations
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering background
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry preferred
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system.
- Indirect or cross-functional leadership experience preferred
- Passion for growing and mentoring teams
- Excellent ability to balance long-term improvements against short-term fixes
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous technical areas
- Programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, knowledge of APIs, and data security
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.