We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreams and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role
The Autonomous Vehicle (AV) software stack heavily relies on machine learning techniques to perform a variety of tasks, each with different requirements of compute hardware. Cruise is looking for a micro-architect to design, evaluate, and implement the next generation compute hardware to accelerate the machine learning algorithms on our autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will work with hardware architects, compiler and system engineers to solve the most critical problems in the AI world, collaborate with design engineers to implement your ideas, and validate them on the most advanced autonomous vehicle.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Derive compute/memory requirements from the software algorithms and systems specifically related to machine learning
- Evaluate and guide ML hardware accelerators’ microarchitecture performance in relation to requirements derived from AV software stack
- Build performance models and performance analysis tools to predict system performance on ML hardware accelerators
- Work with the compiler team to identify and recommend specific optimization opportunities to improve performance
- Hand-craft optimized kernels for critical system modules for different ML accelerators
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in microarchitecture or chip design
- Experience with ML accelerators and deep learning deployment
- Expertise in building microarchitecture performance models and analysis tools
- Expertise in assembly/C/C++ coding and debugging
- Familiarity with parallelization techniques for ML acceleration
- MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent, in industry experience
- GPU programming (CUDA, PTX, OpenCL)
- SIMD programming (avx2, neon)
- FPGA programming experience (Verilog, VHDL)
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, etc) and software stack (e.g., TensorRT, TVM, etc)
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.