We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
We’re looking for a Manager of Operations Analytics to set the vision for and drive performance of a new Operations Analytics team at Cruise. You will lead a new team that drives AV-related operating performance improvement using data to generate actionable insights and opportunities. We are looking for someone who can both deep-dive into the data and work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders involved in our AV operations. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Market Operations as part of our Global Markets operations group.
The Global Markets team is responsible for safely running world-class operations for Cruise's fleets of autonomous vehicles. From driving operating cost savings before our vehicles even hit the factory to managing the complexities of daily AV operations that delight our customers (and everything in between), Global Markets oversees all operations needed to execute our technical and business objectives. Our cross-functional team is composed of operators, engineers, business analysts, and MBAs in multiple cities, and we're always looking for people eager to jump in and help us change the world.
- Solve just-in-time problems with your team when it comes to analyzing local operations data streams to better understand operating results
- Scope and drive initiatives to improve operating performance of the SF Market fleet
- Ensure that Ops Analytics team is delivering measurable performance improvements
- Guide creation of market-level dashboards to inform strategic recommendations
- Set vision and priorities for new Ops Analytics team
- Recruit, develop, and retain top talent for the Ops Analytics team
- Build stakeholder relationships within Engineering, Product, and Ops to drive operating results and support customer experience improvements
- Lead special projects at the request of the GM or other Cruise leadership
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years professional experience, including at least 1-2 years as a people manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in Google G-Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite, and analytics/data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy while juggling multiple projects
- Self-starter with a bias for action and developing others
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Passion for improving processes
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong business judgment
- Attention to detail
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Prior experience at a leading management consulting firm, blue-chip tech company, or high-growth start-up
- Prior operational or automotive experience
- Prior SQL experience
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.