We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
This person will also lead the development and validation of any custom data and power interfaces for Radar Hardware systems. The Sr. Radar Integration Engineer will define integration plans for a wide variety of radar sensors, work closely with technicians and operations to guarantee optimal sensor performance, and help analyze data to ensure requirements and performance benchmarks are met. The person in this position will work with multiple teams to guarantee the successful integration and validation of the radar sensor components within the Autonomous Vehicle systems.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute sensor integration, validation and troubleshooting plans for radar hardware projects at the R&D and mass production stages
- Design and validate novel radar hardware interfaces at the mechanical, electrical, and network level
- Develop and maintain integration plans/procedures/equipment/tools
- Troubleshoot and root cause, document, develop tests for known failure cases, and drive issues to closure
- Work closely with Cruise and GM test and development teams to ensure AV hardware is being integrated and validated in line with product and business goals
- Support and work closely with the Safety Integrity and Systems Engineering team to aid in requirements & DFMEA creation and continuous improvement. Coordinate with GM release teams and facilitate knowledge transfer from R&D learnings
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with radar sensor integration with proficiency in: hardware and software interface development and debugging, data analysis, data collection over data buses
- 5+ years in the development/testing of automotive/aerospace/medical grade data and power interfaces
- Solid understanding of: electro-mechanical systems, automotive, robotics/automation and sensors
- Strong knowledge of automotive data buses: T1 ethernet, CAN, FlexRay
- Solid knowledge of high speed data buses: LVDS, MIPI
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in developing communication harnesses, communication debug tools, integration plans, and data parsing tools
- Experience in the automotive/medical/defense industry
- Radar hardware development and/or testing experience
- Good understanding of vehicle/ECU communication protocols
- Working knowledge of data and power interface debug equipment(Logic analyzers, power meters, high speed oscilloscopes)
- Understanding cyber security requirements for automotive sensors
- Understanding of RF physics
- Proficiency with statistical analysis on large datasets
- Experience with ROS/Python/C/C++
- Experience with CANalyzer/CANoe
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 12 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.