We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
At Cruise, we’re building a fleet of autonomous cars with sophisticated sensors, intelligent machine learning silicon products and advanced computing systems. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with silicon team, firmware team, system team, and other TPMs in supporting the design, validation and production of SOCs. Cruise hardware engineering team is building the state of the art product to solve the most difficult problems in the AI world and we believe the solution comes from the collaboration of software, architecture, algorithm and advanced silicon technology.
In this role you will have a large scope of accountability, responsibility, a large set of stakeholders and customers, and you will be managing a large set of dependencies and moving parts to help deliver our autonomous vehicle platforms to the world.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work with key stakeholders to define silicon strategy and requirements
- Lead cross-functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Manage and drive complex, fast-evolving silicon programs, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
- Work with teams to deliver prototype, validation, manufacturing and support plans in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress & needs
- Work with and build relationships internally and with our manufacturing partners
- Create and organize all relevant documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, science, or related field
- 10+ years of experience with project management role for the development of SOC hardware in a cross-functional, cross-organizational context
- Deep knowledge of SOC development life cycles
- Experience with ASIC methodologies, tape out release and silicon validation process
- Preferred experience with ASIC manufacture process
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Experience in the automotive and/or safety industries
- Proficiency with statistical analysis on large datasets
- Experience with computer/sensing hardware
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.