We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Role & Day-to-day Duties
As an Applied Research Scientist - Computer Vision, you drive the research projects that address the everyday challenges that happen on urban roads, ones that do not have standard solutions available. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Formulate problems
- Propose, prototype, evaluate, and iterate solutions
- Support productizing and deploying solutions to robot cars
- Initiate and lead new projects
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- PhD / MS degree in computer vision, machine learning or a related field with multiple research publications in top conferences or journals; alternatively 5+ years of industry experience solving CV problems which do not have readily-available solutions
- Expertise in at least one of these specific areas: 2D/3D object detection, semantic / instance segmentation, fine-grained attribute understanding, human pose / gesture recognition, image sequence / semantics understanding, image embedding, visual/LIDAR-based tracking, multi-object tracking, and vision-based behavior prediction
- Track record of driving ML research projects from start to completion, including conception, problem definition, experimentation, iteration, and finally publication or productization
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PhD in machine learning, computer vision, or robotics vision
- Experience using deep-learning frameworks, e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc
- Experience as a Tech Lead
- Experience in deploying perception algorithms and models into real-world environments
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.