We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We’re looking for Applied Research Scientists of all levels specialized in Computer Vision to advance state-of-the-art computer vision models and algorithms for robot cars.
- Research, design, and develop new computer vision algorithms and models for various perception tasks based on a variety of sensor modalities including lidar, camera and radar. Examples include object detection and recognition, semantic and instance segmentation, fine-grained attribute understanding, human pose and gesture recognition, scene understanding, multi-object tracking, embedding-based similarity search and vision based behavior prediction.
- Research and explore new problem formulations that most effectively and efficiently enable the car to drive safely with a comfortable customer experience.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- MS or higher degree, or equivalent industry experience, in computer vision, machine learning or a related field
- Extensive experience in deep learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, and PyTorch
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in computer vision projects
- Passionate about self-driving car technology and its impact on the world
- PhD in machine learning, computer vision, or robotics vision
- Publications in top-tier computer vision and machine learning conferences and journals
- Experience in deploying perception algorithms and models into real world environments
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.