We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
In the midst of a complex regulatory environment where the one constant is change, the Legal team is charged with guiding Cruise as it navigates novel legal issues and risk considerations to help Cruise unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you will have a big impact on high-stakes decisions. Our team works with technical, development, and business teams to solve some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation and pave the way for launch.
About the role:
We are looking for an admin unicorn - extremely organized, detail-oriented team player; a delight to work with; and a quick learner. We want someone that can own and model internal customer service excellence, develop and continuously grow expertise in law firm and matter management, and, above all, continuously learn and innovate better ways to support the legal team. This role will report to and support our Legal and Government Affairs Operations Manager and will partner with a variety of stakeholders including the legal staff, non-legal Cruisers, and law firms to drive forward the work of Cruise legal.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Be highly available to support multiple teams within the Cruise Legal Department - intake, triage, and prioritize requests while always clearly communicating assigned task updates and statuses.
- Handle tasks expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Data entry and organization of physical and cloud-based files - other general support functions, including printing and binder preparation.
- Develop subject matter expertise in internal stakeholder request intake and request review to continuously improve how the legal ops staff manages requests.
- On an ongoing basis, manage the queue of general requests from stakeholders to the legal team, and assign requests to appropriate legal staff.
- Develop subject matter expertise regarding law firm, matter, and billing/invoicing management.
- For law firms and legal matters, manage onboarding, spend to budget, matter documentation, and legal staff guidance and training.
- Manage relationships with law firm peers and Cruise procurement and finance to ensure that law firm invoicing and payments occurs smoothly and in accordance with Cruise Legal’s standards and guidelines.
- Always follow and model confidentiality and Company policies to safeguard data and information.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, paralegal certification preferred.
- Minimum 4 years relevant working experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Eager to solve problems and take on responsibility.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent understanding of G-Suite, Microsoft Office productivity apps, office equipment and computer equipment.
- A proven ability to learn and use new applications quickly.
- Good understanding of data entry spreadsheet formatting.
- Team oriented approach to communication and problem-solving.
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and able to handle ambiguity, juggle numerous matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- Sound judgement, especially when it comes to managing competing priorities between highly focused accomplished attorneys and legal staff.
- Have a sense of humor (see above two bullets)!
- In-house experience, especially outside counsel management and invoicing experience.
- Tech company experience.
- Prior use of Confluence and/or experience using and updating internal web pages to document and update internal guidelines and policies.
- Jira Helpdesk
- Experience combining technology with processes to work smart.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.