Senior Program Manager - New Business Initiatives
We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager with experience in launching new business lines and/or operations, managing work flows to coordinate and deliver business-critical programs, and working cross-functionally to translate business needs into actual deliverables. You will be working on helping us bring to life and launch our new business initiatives programs as part of our go-to-market team. While most of your time will be spent working on the launch of our AV delivery business, you will also be working across all of our new business initiative teams, including International.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Create structure and continuity around ambiguous requirements and processes
- Create and own master program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule & execution plan
- Build trusted relationships with team members and relevant stakeholders across offices & cities
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies & hand-offs; monitor & help resolve issues
- Organize and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Communicate progress effectively across program team, including to GM and Cruise execs
- Conduct retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of industry experience, including direct management and launching new business and product offerings
- Top-notch communications and presentation skills
- Ability to confidently bring clarity, order, and organization to complex undertakings
- Interest and willingness to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to adapt quickly and operate under ambiguity
- Technical Product Management, Program Management, or equivalent experience translating business needs into roadmaps, carefully-scoped requirements, development & delivery plans
- Ability to influence members across the team to maximize performance, and to provide clear data & options to decision-makers
- MBA, PMP certification
- Experience in designing or running logistics operations
- Experience internationally
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.