We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a talented senior manager to oversee and support multiple engineering teams within Data Infrastructure. The Data Infrastructure team is responsible for building the infrastructure to ingest and process the petabytes of AV data coming from the car, simulated tests, or realtime services, warehouse this data, and provide tooling and services for users throughout the company to gain insights from Cruise’s data and accelerate development. We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to create a world-class engineering environment at Cruise!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers and engineering managers
- Work with Engineering Director(s) and Technical Program Managers to create and execute on a roadmap for your team
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture, and a high output team
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
- Utilize a combination of open source and in house developed software to meet company goals
- Work with technical lead(s) to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Drive software engineering best practices both within your team, and create tooling which encourages these across the company
- Ensure update and stability of your systems, including managing on call incident response
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience managing teams who support scalable production systems
- 10+ years experience in software engineering roles
- Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience with big data infrastructure for storage, processing and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in CS, or equivalent real world experience
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with Go or Java
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.