We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is committed to the responsible deployment of the best AV on the road and have built an extraordinary quality team with the resources and backing required to help achieve this. We are in search of a Software Systems Test Senior Engineering Manager for Cruise’s Autonomous Vehicles Software Team. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how autonomous systems are tested and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely, and at scale.
Cruise is looking for a Software Systems Test Senior Engineering Manager to help us evaluate, test and challenge the integration of multiple software components at a vehicle level. In this position, you will manage multiple engineering test teams to define test plans, build test benches, execute test runs and collaborate with our software developers, infrastructure, platform, systems engineering, testing frameworks and simulation team to test the AV software to ensure highly reliable systems.
If you're interested in helping us realize a future of truly driverless vehicles, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work side by side with engineering leadership ensure high quality testing procedures and processes
- Drive from initial designs to production level testing using a plethora of internal tools and technologies
- Drive design requests and decision for simulation and testing tool development teams
- Help define and measure KPIs for quality
- Help ensure tests that are repeatable, realistic and targeted at specific features
- Develop and maintain quality dashboards that allow for quick pulse checks and actionable results
- Hire, mentor, and motivate an exceptional team of System Test Engineers responsible for releasing mission critical products
- Creating a clear vision for all software testing teams with actionable deliverables
- Tracking and reporting test strategies, test execution, maintaining transparent and comprehensive test documentation, ensuring thoughtful and efficient test coverage
- Understanding the subsystem level impact of testing coverage choices and guiding the team to make efficient and effective testing trade-offs
- Managing overall testing strategies for the AV engineering organization
- Determining long term documentation strategies for change control purposes
- Determine strategies for translating on road incidents into robust and maintainable tests to ensure on road performance
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of industry experience in managing, implementing, and configuring test solutions for integrated software/robotics systems
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Extensive experience building test plans, regression testing, and root cause analysis
- Experience with large testing databases
- Data driven decision making ability
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success in detail oriented test plan design and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with setting up complex test management systems and processes
- Experience with working with robotics background knowing regular pitfalls dealing with the boundaries with hardware and software
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.