We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
About the Role:
At Cruise, we’re building a fleet of autonomous cars, each with a sophisticated set of sensors. As a Technical Program Manager for the Autonomous Vehicle Hardware Systems team, you will directly support a team of sensor domain experts, system integration engineers, and other TPMs working in acoustic sensors to networking components.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with and building relationships internally and with our OEM partners, 3rd parties and external manufacturers
- Helping manage and drive complex, fast-evolving hardware components during early development, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
- Tracking and reporting on project progress, cost, and schedules; proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Managing day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
- Keeping cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress and needs, and drive programs to on time and performant closure
- Creating and organizing all relevant documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of industry experience
- You have previous experience in acoustical and/or ultrasonics systems; particularly ruggedized and/or automotive
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, science, or a related field
- Understanding of complex technical systems
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- You can adapt and operate under ambiguity
- You can identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- You confidently bring order and organization to any team
- You have a background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
- You have an MBA Degree and/or PMP Certificate
- You have experience with large-scale assembly line processes
- You have experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems and technology stacks
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.