We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to help manage and maintain our IT infrastructure and systems across Cruise as an integral member of our IT engineering team.
- Patching, Application deployment, Establishing good security posturing
- Support shared services (DNS, DHCP, PXE, VMWare)
- Escalation point for IT Operations
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years supporting IT in an enterprise environment similar to Cruise
- Experience managing VMWare vSphere
- Experience managing IaaS infrastructure
- Familiarity with Windows & Ubuntu operating systems
- Experience scripting / automating application configuration & deployment
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Proven ability to provide hands on support and diagnose technical issues across a variety of different platforms
- Ability to work well under pressure, and self manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues, and explaining them in terms appropriate for the customer (whether technical or nontechnical)
- Desire to provide a fantastic level of customer service and satisfaction
- Experience deploying infrastructure as code
- Experience with Ansible / Puppet / Chef
- Familiarity with supporting hybrid infrastructure
- Experience in AWS or GCP
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.