We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the team:
Route planning lives at the highest level of the car's autonomous stack and its job is to find discretizations and abstractions that accurately capture the intuitive way humans think about driving at a lane level. A human driver has intuitive notions of what it means to be in a lane, what it means for a lane to be blocked, how to describe intersections, turns, and lane changes, the places where it's safe and legal to pullover and drop-off / pick-up passengers and how to best navigate to a destination. Route planning is tasked with formalizing these ideas into algorithms and data structures and make sure they are robust and work in the thousands of corner cases the real world presents us with.
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- Design and develop routing algorithms to optimize trips
- Design and develop algorithms to respond to instantaneous on-road information
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self-driving car applications
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production quality code in C++
- Comfort with fundamentals of probability and statistics
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable, testable, and highly scalable code
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
- Be willing to dive into anything, but know when to ask our stellar tools team for scripts or tools
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.