We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Sr. Radar Hardware Test Engineer will lead radar sensor hardware and firmware testing, both at the component and system levels. This person will also lead tests to investigate and evaluate root causes for known radar hardware and firmware failure modes. The Sr. Radar Hardware Test Engineer will define test plans for a wide variety of radar sensors, work closely with technicians and operations to execute tests, and help analyze data to ensure requirements and performance benchmarks are met. The person in this position will work with multiple teams to guarantee the successful testing, validation and calibration of the radar sensor suite and ensure its proper integration within the Autonomous Vehicle systems. This person will also support simulation efforts by helping in the validation of bleeding edge radar simulation models.
- Design and execute test plans on the current autonomous vehicle fleet radar hardware for new sensors and firmware. This includes sensor characterization, validation and calibration
- Work closely with test requesters to determine test requirements, evaluate edge cases, and anticipate potential failure modes
- Lead the validation of state of the art radar simulation techniques by designing comprehensive test scenarios and extensive data collection campaigns
- Help define the radar component and subsystem test program as a whole; standardize and document test methods
- Identify and coordinate external testing where needed
- Work closely with other GM and Cruise testing teams to ensure AV content is validated from prototype to production stages and through simulation, bench, and on-vehicle
- Lead radar component and subsystem calibration efforts
- Drive continuous improvement into all testing
- Troubleshoot basic autonomous radar sensor and system issues and escalate to the right teams
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with test engineering with proficiency in: test development, data analysis, test automation, data collection over data buses
- Solid understanding of: electro-mechanical systems, automotive, robotics/automation and sensors
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in developing test fixtures, accurate instrumentation, test plans, and documentation of test reports for testing in-house or at external test labs
- Hands on experience with VNAs, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, and oscilloscopes
- Experience in the automotive/medical/defense industry
- Proficiency with statistical analysis on large datasets
- Experience with ROS/Python/C/C++
- Experience with radar
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.