We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. Our products include massive annotated datasets for machine learning and high-definition maps to guide our cars as they navigate the world. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
We are looking for a Vendor Management Lead to drive the performance of our distributed teams. This role will be responsible for defining and enforcing vendor performance, advocating for what vendors need to be successful, and driving both strategic and tactical changes that maximize the impact of the offshore workforce. This role may also require building a team - defining & filling additional roles within the vendor management function. To be successful it will require clear communication across diverse groups, creative problem-solving, and high EQ.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Monitor vendor output, activities, and KPIs to ensure they meet performance standards
- Identify, articulate, and advocate for what vendors need to be successful
- Develop and implement new processes, protocols, dashboards, or systems to improve vendor relationships and performance
- Drive strategic decisions around vendor utilization - what work is done by which groups - to optimize our team’s performance and efficiency
- Coordinate recurring and ad hoc projects across multiple teams and locations while under tight deadlines
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of work experience, including in operations, vendor management, workforce management, or consulting
- Experience working directly with large offshore teams executing complex technical tasks
- Experience with people management and ability to hire and develop talent
- Proficiency in building relationships with diverse stakeholders, influencing without authority, and driving alignment on new ideas
- Experience building, implementing, and iterating on new processes
- Proficiency in project management and getting things done in new, ambiguous, or time-constrained environments
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.