We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Prototype Machinist to help us expand our autonomous vehicle hardware team. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding group that is supporting hardware in the autonomous vehicle field.
In this position, you will collaborate with engineering and technician team members to facilitate the growth of hardware development
If you're interested in upstream development, problem solving, and prototype creation, let's chat!
- Collaborate with engineering and technician team members to facilitate hardware development
- Complete complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: Mechanical assembly troubleshooting, component testing, component and system removal/installation/assembly, fabrication and modification
- Perform AV platform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and calibration
- Produce and maintain detailed documentation around team processes and for all test and maintenance procedures
- Design, build, and set up equipment and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests; operate and maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and AV use.
- Directly contribute to projects supporting R&D initiatives and pre-release product validation
- Perform other prototype, lab, or AV platform related duties as assigned
- Observe all safety standards. Maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly. Actively strive to prevent accidents and injuries.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience programming, setup, and operation of CNC equipment and manual machinery
- Two or more years of technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Familiar with CAD and prototype part/assembly design (SolidWorks)
- Shop, lab, rapid prototyping, testing, and instrumentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems
- Fabrication and Welding
- Parts Design
- 3D printing
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.