We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an experienced Material Planner to help secure critical parts for our development builds. As an integral part of our fast growing hardware team, you will interact with engineering and procurement teams to identify, source and secure critical components for our AV systems. You will be our primary point of contact with both mechanical and electrical component vendors and own the timing of delivery of those parts.
If you are ridiculously organized, love getting things done, and are excited about self driving cars, then we would love to hear from you!
- Track incoming parts for in-house development builds
- Work with manufacturing partners to ensure they have all required materials for planned builds
- Identify potential delivery challenges and work with suppliers, engineering teams, and manufacturing partners to mitigate
- Help to source and qualify new suppliers alongside the engineering and quality teams
- Help build out internal tools to track material lead time and cost
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a material planning, procurement, or supply chain role
- Excellent Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of mechanical parts including metal, plastic and rubber
- Experience working with PCBA and EE component vendors directly and through distributors like Avnet and Arrow
- Experience with complex compute and/or mechatronic systems
- BA or BS in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience
- Experience with MRP, PLM, and ERP systems
- Experience working with overseas manufacturing partners
- Experience with international logistics
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.