We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. Our products include massive annotated datasets for machine learning and high-definition maps to guide our cars as they navigate the world. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
We are looking for a Business Manager to help us continue to scale through hyper-growth, professionalize our organization, and increase its impact. This role will be responsible for managing our vendor strategy and spending, building our competitive position in the market, and ensuring we’re always prepared to meet Cruise’s needs. To be successful it will require extensive communication with operators, product leads, engineering leads, and senior leadership.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Define and implement a vendor strategy, including evaluating potential partners, coordinating pilots, and onboarding new vendors
- Lead the development of operational and financial forecasts, working with Business and Engineering partners to understand demand for our team’s products
- Create concise, impactful business overviews that help stakeholder teams understand our work and how we can support them
- Develop and present business reports and strategic frameworks to Cruise leadership
- Manage direct reports and develop additional roles as needed
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of work experience, including in consulting, finance, or business operations
- 2+ years of people management experience and ability to hire and develop talent
- Experience building large, complex financial or operational models
- Experience developing sophisticated, innovative strategies for navigating a complex and nascent industry
- Proficiency in crafting and presenting executive-level communications on high-impact, contentious decisions
- Proficiency in influencing without authority and building consensus across diverse stakeholders for new ideas
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.