We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Maneuver Planning Senior Engineering Manager is accountable for strategy and execution of the maneuver planning teams. Maneuver planning is responsible for consuming inputs from Prediction, Localization, Mapping, Routing, etc., and computing real-time maneuver decisions and high level trajectories. This role includes setting high level technical direction by working with Technical Product Managers to build project roadmaps, prioritize work and execute against those plans. This also includes building a world class engineering organization capable of scaling as the company grows; this includes mentoring and growing strong engineering managers.
- Lead and grow a team of 3+ robotics software engineering teams
- Work with your team, Technical Project Managers and external stakeholders to build, prioritize and execute against an engineering roadmap
- Guide the team to create a technical direction and execution plan to solve ambiguous autonomous vehicle problems
- Balance interrupt driven work against those long term plans - e.g. demo
- Create and uphold engineering processes as we scale
- Represent your team in cross-functional and executive meetings
- Embody Cruise behaviors: Stay Safe, Own It, Stay Focused, Seek Truth, Work Together, Be Humble
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Managed multiple teams and initiatives in a fast-paced engineering organization on the company critical path
- Successfully grown software engineering teams by growing engineering managers and driving external leadership recruiting
- A track record of shipping production quality software for complex products
- Experience as an engineer delivering results within large-scale, robotics, or safety-critical project environments
- Self motivation to proactively lead your team to deliver high quality and value software
- Domain experience in path planning, optimization, control theory, graph theory, machine learning and the like
- Contributing production quality C++ software at scale
- Exposure to verifying and validating safety critical software and systems
- Experience developing autonomous vehicles
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.