We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Autonomous Vehicle Platform team is responsible for deploying and running the Cruise software stack in all supported environments, whether it be on car or in testing frameworks. As a Senior Platform Software Engineer you’ll build tools to configure, instrument, and deploy Cruise software for use both in developer workflows and across our fleet. Your work will enable Cruise engineering to move quickly and reliably, as we evaluate, support, and deploy to new hardware and software configurations.
- Build tools to deploy, execute, and monitor AV code in development and production workflows
- Build tools to configure Cruise software for use in a variety of configurations across simulation and hardware platforms.
- Integrate new platform revisions and hardware configurations into the system
- Develop systems to monitor vehicle status and exfiltrate data
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Deliver complex projects through incremental development
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience building and shipping production-quality software, with a focus on Linux
- Experience with Python or Go
- Experience building (not just using) system configuration tools
- Experience working with and building tooling for large, complex systems
- Commitment to quality by designing for testability
- Experience with containerization, such as docker, particularly outside of cloud infrastructure.
- Linux and/or embedded Linux packaging experience, or otherwise building systems to distribute software
- Experience writing software that interfaces with hardware
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.