We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our autonomous vehicles rely on state of the art electronics for ensuring the overall safety, sensor data compute and processing and for the in-car infotainment. Each of these modules need to be thoroughly tested and validated to pass stringent qualifications before they make their way in. We are actively seeking an excellent Electrical Design Test & Validation Engineer to help test and validate our extensive range of car modules. This is your opportunity to work cross functionally with many stakeholders (hardware, software, systems engineering, suppliers) and chalk out a detailed characterization plan right from validating power integrity to high speed signals and everything in between.
- Work with Design Engineers to develop and execute with a Test, Bring-up and Validation plan.
- Participate in bring-up, debug, root cause failure analysis activities in addition to executing the test and validation plans (PI & SI)
- Effectively document test results, analyze data and communicate results with the team and various stakeholders while continually improving test methods
- Write scripts to automate testing and measurement of hardware interfaces
- Participate in design reviews to ensure test and validation coverage of the new boards during design phase
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 4+ years of test development experience
- Strong knowledge in EE fundamentals, power & signal integrity, and analog/digital circuits
- Experience using bench power supplies, high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, VNA’s, and thermal/heat chambers
- Validation and characterization experience for high-speed interfaces like 1G/10G Ethernet, FPD Link, DDR3/4 and switching & linear regulators
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Scripting to automate data collection and control ATE/Test fixtures (Python, VBA, C++, etc.)
- Altium tools for Schematic and PCB
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.