We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Team:
Our People team grows and develops the Cruise family. We find, hire, develop and support the people who are shaping the future. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class People programs and practices, and contribute to the growth of the company, the leadership and the global team, we want to meet you.
The Cruiser Experience team is passionate about attracting, engaging with and retaining the best talent on the planet. To that end, Cruise is looking for a Manager of Employee Engagement (Connected Cruisers) to drive employee engagement programs and bolster overall job satisfaction. These programs will align with and emphasize Cruise’s strategic vision, mission, values, and behaviors. This role will report to the Head of Employee (Cruiser) Experience to build a strong cultural foundation that scales alongside the company’s growth. The successful candidate will be based in San Francisco, CA.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Establish vision and strategy for employee engagement programming in partnership with Recruiting, People, Workplace Operations, Information Technology, and Engineering to develop near and long term solutions to meet strategic goals
- Responsible for building and leading a team of high-performing professionals charged with the overall delivery and management of impactful events and touch-points; designed to help Cruisers develop and strengthen meaningful social and working connections
- Provide coaching, thought partnership, and mentorship to team members, defining team culture and engagement models
- Develop plans, budgets and roadmaps to ensure we are delivering the right programs at the right time to the right people
- Partner with the People Analytics team to design and develop reports and dashboards to track and communicate key metrics
- Partner with the Communications and Marketing teams to build narratives around our employer brand and help tell these stories through internal and external channels
- Identify and steward relationships with specialist vendors and individuals in order to meet objectives
- Stay abreast of new trends and maintain up-to-date industry knowledge
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience leading and developing employee engagement, events, and experience professionals, capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives
- Have scaled systems in a fast paced and changing environment and possess excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan, establish and manage a budget
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives - the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions quickly, to operationalize key strategic initiatives
- You have led a team and are collaborative by nature - must work openly and closely with a team and across all functional areas in the company
- You are highly analytical, good at breaking down problems and delivering actions
- You have a low ego attitude: willing to shift from high-level critical thinking, to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
- Possess the professional, interpersonal, and cultural skills to establish early and lasting trust, credibility, and rapport at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance.
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects with multiple partners; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus
- M.B.A. or other advanced technical degree preferred
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.