We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an SoC design engineer to help our hardware team define and build the next generation of autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will work with software architects and system architects to solve the most critical problems in the AI world, collaborate with design engineers to implement your ideas, and validate them on the real vehicle.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for SoC chip specifications
- Derive silicon specifications from the software systems and current hardware systems
- Define chip function partitions and interfaces for design team
- Define system level testing criteria for verification team
- Provide detailed documentation for hardware, platform, and software team
- Run performance tests to concept prove the design
- Help with selection of hardware parts and vendors
- Participate in design reviews of hardware systems and related software systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Engineering or a related discipline
- 10+ years of chip design and SoC architecture experience
- Proven success in SoC chip architecture definition and implementation
- Strong background knowledge in networking and/or image processing
- Extensive knowledge in CPU architecture including ARM, MIPS, or Intel processors
- Hands-on experience in PCIe, DDR, Ethernet, and peripherals
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications including ISO 26262
- Experience with firmware development
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.