We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Full ownership of hardware system requirements derivation and architecture
- Work cross-functionally with software, infrastructure, systems, and embedded firmware team members
- Derive detailed requirements and specifications from high level objectives and product functional requirements
- Develop efficient and powerful system architectures while driving cost and power targets
- Make decisions backed by sound engineering trade studies such as: component, processor, or interface selection
- Evaluate performance of the latest and greatest technologies that can simplify or otherwise improve the overall system
- Establish milestones and performance gates
- Partner with Cruise and GM integration teams to ensure smooth system integration and compatibility with overall vehicle architecture
Lead module development for our AV hardware systems such as:
- Lead architecture trades and functional definition for sensor platform control modules
- Lead architecture definition of sensor data aggregation and processing systems and associated hardware functional requirements
- Vehicle inertial modules
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with hardware engineering of complex electro-mechanical systems and modules
- Ability to understand broad system architecture and successfully execute holistic module design solutions that capture needs for the system as a whole
- Experience working with FPGA-based modules, ECUs that implement ethernet and LVDS protocols, MCUs, etc.
- Strong understanding of embedded firmware/software implementation and associated considerations for hardware design
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicle sensor technologies
- Familiarity with functional safety (ISO26262)
- Deep understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithm design
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.