We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Heavy calendar management for busy, high-volume schedules. The ideal candidate is someone who can act as a thought partner, understand the Directors’ working styles—and best performance—to proactively anticipate needs, make decisions on their behalf, and suggest improvements on time allocation.
- Plan team offsites & team events: Designers tend to care about the thoughtfulness & craft/aesthetics behind team offsites, therefore we are seeking someone who would be thoughtful and intentional about planning our offsites and team events.
- Instrumental in building relationships with cross-functional partners: When we need to implement the outcomes of the work above, having strong relationships with our Product, Engineering, and Marking teams will be essential. The ideal candidate is someone who can help us plan social and working sessions with our cross-functional partners to help us build relationships broadly throughout the organization.
- Communication: Identifying opportunities where we should be communicating our team’s work more outwardly, communicating more downwards (with our teams), etc.
- Help with team cohesion within Product Design: We are looking for help with running, documenting, and sending out notes from design critiques -- and with creating systems for enabling designers to share work.
- Scheduling & relationships for key cross-Design projects: There’s an opportunity for this role to understand our teams well enough to help suggest and create the right moments and ways for our teams to come together and build effective relationships, light scheduling, and program management work.
- Highlight and celebrate important team cultural/career moments such as birthdays and work anniversaries
- Manage and track team budgets / expense reporting
- Adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3.5+ years of experience in a similar role or function
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter that can take a task and run with it
- Acute attention to detail
- Thoughtful & strategic about how we use our time
- Are not just reactive, but proactive - thinking ahead of issues that might emerge and solving them before being asked.
- Creative problem solver able to think outside the box
- Can balance setting boundaries for leads with being empathetic to the needs of our team
- Loves people and is mature when inevitable people/org issues come up
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex
- Strong knowledge of G Suite, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Experience working with Product/Design teams
- Project management experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 12 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.