We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Global Markets Organization:
The Global Markets team is responsible for safely running world-class operations for Cruise's fleets of autonomous vehicles. From driving operating cost savings before our vehicles even hit the factory to managing the complexities of daily AV operations that delight our customers (and everything in between), Global Markets oversees all operations needed to execute our technical and business objectives. Our cross-functional team is composed of operators, engineers, business analysts, and MBAs in multiple cities, and we're always looking for people eager to jump in and help us change the world.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Set and execute against a strategic vision for establishing world class inspection and service operations at Cruise.
- Build and lead a team covering all aspects of fleet autonomous vehicle inspection, maintenance, and technician training, including development of service manuals, bulletins, and technician training content.
- Identify and develop tools and technology to improve diagnostic and maintenance efficiency.
- Develop levers to improve service quality, such as a strategy for autonomous vehicle technician certifications and development of a service quality assurance process.
- Ensure consistent implementation of inspection and service procedures across Cruise locations.
- Develop project roadmaps and schedules that align with internal customer needs and major program milestones.
- Maintain a strong relationship across all relevant stakeholders.
- Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on progress, schedules, and needs.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automotive engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years in management positions
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly about complex technical systems
- Ability to influence without authority and drive consensus
- Ability to adapt, operate, and act decisively in an ambiguous environment
- Experience leading service operations of a large transportation fleet
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.