We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Strategy Manager to join the Autonomous Vehicle Development team to tackle high-level strategic and tactical operational challenges through research and modeling. This position will be tasked with helping to advance our overall operational strategy and finding ways to improve long-term productivity. We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and present key learnings to senior executives at Cruise.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Cruise’s operations and business model
- Inform and develop Cruise’s strategic plan for Autonomous Vehicle Development
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve Cruise’s operating performance
- Scope and drive high-priority, cross-functional projects for Cruise
- Build models and statistical analyses to inform strategic recommendations
- Work integrally with the hardware test teams to prioritize tasks and provide insights
- Present findings to senior leadership at Cruise
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy while juggling multiple projects
- Self-starter with a bias for action
- Advanced modeling skills – extensive experience with Excel/ Google Sheets is a must!
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Expert story-lining and PowerPoint skills
- Effective communicator with ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong business judgment
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Confident and reliable
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Prior experience at a leading management consulting firm or investment bank
- Prior experience at a high-growth start-up
- Proficiency with SQL, Looker, Tableau, or other similar software
- MBA or equivalent from a top business school
- Automotive industry experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.