We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Senior Frontend Engineer to design and implement frontend technologies to build out our technology stack and manage performance of the vehicles. In this role you will work closely with teams across Cruise to build tools, visualizations, portals, and user interfaces that will primarily be used internally but may be shared with customers and business partners. Essentially, you’ll build the frontend technologies that will enable Cruise to change the way people and products are transported.
The Remote Assistance system leverages human intuition to support autonomous vehicles in challenging situations. We build technology that allows humans to assist the AV's algorithms by suggesting a possible path and modifying constraints. The Remote Assistance Team is a full-stack team comprised of frontend, backend, and AV engineers that work closely with other teams at Cruise to ensure our cars are driving safely and efficiently.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and implement frontend architectures to create user interfaces that reduce the chance for operator errors.
- Design and build user interfaces that minimize the response time from Cruise to the vehicle.
- Build frontends to provide operational insight into real-time data.
- Build a platform that is intuitive to use and new features that are easy to learn.
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to enable R&D efforts and improve existing systems.
- Drive best practices in our React & Redux based applications.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- At least 5+ years of experience building modern frontends using React, Redux, WebGL and similar libraries.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Experience working with backend REST APIs and websockets.
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Experience building interactive tools that are core to people’s daily work.
- Experience with Three.js or related technologies.
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.