We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are hiring an Administrative Assistant to support our Director of Real Estate and Global Facilities and team. This role will also take on additional Director(s) and team(s) as we grow and scale. The role is based in our San Francisco, but with an opportunity to travel as-needed. This is an exciting role with lots of opportunity for growth. The ideal individual will have the desire to work in a fast-paced, high-impact environment, where they can be part of a growing team and organization. Attention to detail, organizational skills, professionalism, and a positive attitude are a must.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Creating efficiency and organization for Director(s) and team
- Implementing process and workflow improvements as-needed
- Managing a high-volume inbox and ever-changing business calendar
- Arranging frequent travel, schedule transit, and make reservations for Director(s)
- Handling multiple requests for Director’s time, utilizing strong judgment in managing priorities of requests and escalating as necessary for resolution and/or prioritization
- Planning and coordinating events including business/client lunch or dinners
- Scheduling of team meetings, preparation of agendas, recording and distributing team minutes
- Project management and coordination of team activities (including quarterly offsites and retreats)
- Record keeping (department files, vendor contracts, etc.)
- Assisting with preparation and edits of presentation materials
- Drafting emails to be sent out to organization and executive leadership
- Managing and tracking team budgets / expense reporting
- Support and celebrate cultural moments for the team including birthdays and work anniversaries
- Driving cross-functional alignment
- Acting as a team point person, handling team requests, and problem solve and help keep the team on track and organized
- Helping to manage and track client relationships
- Adapting and thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent / 2+ years experience
- 2+ years experience supporting Directors and their teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter that can work independently with little oversight
- Acute attention to detail
- You are proactive and always three steps ahead of your Director, anticipating problems before they occur
- Creative problem solver able to think outside the box
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Strong knowledge of G Suite and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Experience working with Real Estate and Workplace/Office teams
- Project management experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.