Our mission is to build the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in communities across the U.S. navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex problems and make a positive impact on the world.
About the Role:
We are looking for Machine Learning Engineers to build reliable, sophisticated simulation tools for autonomous vehicle software development and benchmark testing. Help us create a custom virtual world used by multiple teams on a daily basis, with realistic behavior for cars, pedestrians, and motorcyclists.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and implement our simulations and replay testing frameworks, which test our autonomous stack virtually and increase the quality and scenarios the stack is exposed to
- Design and build the simulations to ensure determinism
- Work closely with vehicle engineering to enable real time vehicle communication and feedback
- Optimize the performance of the simulations
- Interact with our QA & Autonomous Vehicle engineers to implement new features and improve the usability of our simulations
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience writing production code in Python or C++
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience designing and deploying complex systems
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure
About our Simulation Team
Our Simulation team is responsible for building all of the tools we need to test and validate our autonomous vehicles performance and behavior before it goes out on the road. That includes tools to validate that our perception systems properly detect obstacles on the road, our planning systems are able to pick safe and efficient paths through the world, and that our controls systems can properly act on those plans. We help the entire engineering organization answer questions like “did this new deep learning model improve pedestrian detection?” or “is this new path planning algorithm faster?” or “how did the combination of this large set of perception, planning, and controls changes affect the vehicle's ability to safety and efficiently make left turns?”.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Company-sponsored tech talks, happy hours, off-sites, and volunteer programs
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.