We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Finance Organization:
The Finance team drives Cruise teams forward to create an iconic, once-in-a-generation company. We are business-minded innovators, fearless negotiators, forward-thinking process builders, and operational catalysts who take on unique challenges every day. You will be part of a diverse team developing scalable best practices to help shape the mobility-as-a-service industry.
Cruise is looking for a self-starter to join our Payroll team as a Payroll Specialist and help our rapidly-growing payroll team. This role will report to the Payroll Manager in Finance and work with other team members to process semi-monthly payrolls, maintaining related payroll records, and assist with documenting various Payroll policies and procedures. This candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced environment and within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Own and process the multi state domestic semi monthly salary and hourly payroll for 1,500+ employees
- Process tax changes, new hires, terminations, garnishment, relocation, bonus and incentive comp, LOA and other special pays
- Ensure that employee timesheet are processed accurately and timely
- Respond to inquiries from employees, People and the parent company
- Maintain and audit payroll records
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of W2s
- Partner closely with People, Finance, and Accounting teams to develop and improve processes
- Participate in special projects as assigned such as documenting workflows, improving processes/procedures and periodic updates to payroll related forms
- Assist with system implementation tasks, such as user testing
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience
- Knowledge of federal, multi-state wages and hours laws
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and performs effective self-reviews
- Must be detail-oriented
- Proficient in Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- You are studying for or hold a FPC from APA
- Experience with multiple payroll/HCM system/service
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Strong technical proficiency with ability to learn software with ease
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.