We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a world-class machine learning hardware architect to design, evaluate, and implement the next generation compute hardware to accelerate the machine learning algorithms on our autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will work with software architects and system architects to solve the most critical problems in the AI world, collaborate with design engineers to implement your ideas, and validate them on the most advanced autonomous vehicle.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for chip specifications and roadmaps
- Derive requirements from the software systems and current hardware systems specifically in machine learning
- Define chip function and system level testing criteria
- Provide architecture documentations to hardware, platform, and software teams
- Develop the cycle accurate model for co-simulation and run performance tests to concept proof the design
- Help with selection of hardware parts and vendors
- Participate in design reviews for hardware systems and related software systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of chip design and architect experience
- Hands on experience with SOC chip architecture definition and implementation
- Strong background knowledge in sensor processing and machine learning algorithms
- Solid understanding of digital logic design and implementations, in particular hardware accelerators and processors
- Good understanding of ML algorithms specifically optimized for low complexity and low power
- Extensive knowledge in CPUs architecture including ARM, MIPS or Intel processors
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- BS or MS in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination education
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
- Knowledge of PCIe, DDR, Ethernet and peripherals
- Hands on experience with logic design or verification
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.