We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work directly with other technicians and engineering staff assisting with soldering surface mount components to PCB’s using solid works drawings, hand written sketches and schematics
- Light machine shop work making cable assemblies, maintaining inventory counts on optoelectronic & mechanical components
- Inspecting parts to print, build small workbenches, wire racks, and other lab furniture
- Maintaining lab areas clean and organized
- Help with disposal of large shipping materials like pallets, oversized crates and boxes
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- The ability to work with and be able to handle very small optical and non-optical parts
- The ability to learn how to use lab equipment e.g polishers, dicing saw, measuring microscope
- Some opto-electronic experience desired, soldering experience required
- Microsoft office proficient - the ability to produce power point presentations describing issues/problems with assemblies
- Good communication and organization skills
- Be able to work independently and in a team
- Be goal oriented and self-motivated
- Be able to problem solve, not give up, and ask for help when necessary.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.