We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Participate in design flow of photonic integrated circuits, particularly integration of active optical elements including lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers, photodetectors and passive elements including optical resonators, splitters, and interferometers
- Perform simulation and analysis of optical devices and systems with performance geared towards aggressive technical specs
- Create test procedures, automation and documentation for measurement and characterization of photonic chip’s performance at both the component and system level
- Device packaging and manufacturing solutions considering both optical interfaces and electronic drive circuitry
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Design experience with optical simulation software including Rsoft, Photondesign, Lumerical or similar tools
- Proficiency in testing of active photonic integrated circuits with bench-top equipment including tunable lasers, power meters, optical spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, source meters, network analyzers and signal generators
- Experience with multi-physics simulations including optical, mechanical and electrical effects using COMSOL or similar
- Strong analytical skills including use of Matlab or similar software for data processing
- Knowledge of co-packaging photonic chips with electronics for high-speed integrated circuits and systems
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering or physics with a concentration in optics and 3+ years’ industry experience or M.S. and 7+ years’ experience or B.S. with 10+ years’ experience.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.