We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Participate in design flow of photonic integrated circuits, particularly integration of active optical elements including lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers, photodetectors and passive elements including optical resonators, splitters, and interferometers
- Perform simulation and analysis of optical devices and systems with performance geared towards aggressive technical specs
- Create test procedures, automation and documentation for measurement and characterization of photonic chip’s performance at both the component and system level
- Device packaging and manufacturing solutions considering both optical interfaces and electronic drive circuitry
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Design experience with optical simulation software including Rsoft, Photondesign, Lumerical or similar tools
- Proficiency in testing of active photonic integrated circuits with bench-top equipment including tunable lasers, power meters, optical spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, source meters, network analyzers and signal generators
- Experience with multi-physics simulations including optical, mechanical and electrical effects using COMSOL or similar
- Strong analytical skills including use of Matlab or similar software for data processing
- Knowledge of co-packaging photonic chips with electronics for high-speed integrated circuits and systems
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering or physics with a concentration in optics and 3+ years’ industry experience or M.S. and 7+ years’ experience or B.S. with 10+ years’ experience.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.