We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Staff Quality Engineer in Quality Systems to lead the effort and build the team responsible for designing and implementing our software quality systems within AV Integrity and AV Engineering.
In this position, you will be a Quality Systems thought leader and work with AV Integrity and AV Engineering and Hardware to implement a system across Systems Engineering, and AV Engineering which describes the operating procedures by which we design our products, manage risk and execute as an engineering organization.
If you're interested in shaping the future of Quality Engineering at Cruise, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Determining which regulatory standards apply to Cruise and our engineering effort
- Defining which best practices and standards matter to Cruise
- Creating and designing the mechanisms and approaches to apply these standards within our agile engineering approaches
- Working to implement our strategy for design, change, and document control, records management, capturing evidence of compliance, and validating our toolsets
- Ensuring regulatory files are maintained and accurate access to regulatory data
- Helping ensure we are compliant through an internal audit process (arranging, conducting, performing, reporting) and external/third-party audits, formal ISO audits, certification and inspections
- Working with Customer Support and Community to ensure issues are tracked for compliance and analysing issues to help drive Engineering resolution
- Helping define our SOPs and training for all of Hardware & Software Engineering
- Integrating a CAPA mindset and approach within our engineering culture to drive continuous improvement and quality and driving complaints investigations, analytics/trending, and root cause analysis
- Mentoring other Engineers to execute on the Quality Team mission
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You have deep knowledge of ISO 26262 or IEC 62304 with ISO 14971 (or equivalent) compliance, SOPs and tying together failure triage to risk management process
- You’ve been a Quality Engineer at an automotive, medical, or aerospace startup or equivalent
- You have been the lead auditor in a regulatory audit
- You have hands-on working knowledge and passion for modern quality tools and agile approaches
- You’ve set up a QMS and integrated it within an agile engineering workflow involving software products
- You’ve shipped integrated HW & SW product systems
- You’ve defined and integrated phase gates into an agile engineering team
- You have 8+ years of Quality Engineering experience
- You have at least a BS in CS, Math, EE, or a related engineering or science field
- Experience with workflow definition in JAMA and any modern TCM system
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or similar complex safety critical systems
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.