We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for someone to own the production management of ground truth training datasets in support of autonomous vehicle technology. In this position, you will work with a large geographically distributed team and collaborate with engineering and product orgs to efficiently produce high-quality data for computer vision applications. Experience with autonomous vehicles and machine-learning is not required, but intuitive, problem-solving, advanced SQL and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders - both technical and non-technical - is a must.
This role is the first of its type on our team and will have end-to-end responsibility of a critical, high-visibility function. It requires excellent analytics and communication skills as well as creativity and strategic thinking to understand a complex and nascent industry.
- Engage in strategic operations and planning to identify problems, measure and improve the quality of training data workflows, and enrich our Ground Truth technology
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and management of a large contractor team, partnering with onsite and offshore partners
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery, within scope and project budget
- Work with data, tools, and utilize reporting techniques to track key performance metrics
- Develop and maintain both short- and long-term operational and financial forecasts, working with Business and Engineering partners to understand demand for our team’s products
- Craft and present both recurring and one-off updates to Cruise leadership
- Invest in organizational development, introducing new ideas and sharing best practices that can be implemented across the team
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You’re an analytical thinker - can break down problems, dig into data, and develop rigorous and quantitative arguments to inform decision-making
- You have experience using SQL, Excel, Looker, Tableau, and/or other data visualization tools and comfort manipulating / analyzing large, complex, and messy datasets
- You’re an excellent writer and verbal communicator who has the ability to navigate complex organizations and collaborate with diverse stakeholders on new and ambiguous projects
- You have 4+ years of consulting, investment banking, business operations, or analytics experience
- You’ve completed a CS degree or significant experience working closely with software engineers
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.