We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Build and Release Engineer to help our 3D Simulation team deliver and maintain our suite of build and continuous integration tests.
In this position, you will work closely with our 3D Simulation and Sensor Software teams to ensure that our build, test and deployment systems enable us to quickly find, diagnose and fix problems as they come up in our rapidly moving production environment.
If you're eager for an opportunity to help keep our development environment running at peak efficiency and will ultimately contribute towards Cruise delivering self-driving vehicles that eclipse the capabilities of human drivers, join us!
- Design and develop tools & infrastructure that supports the deployment of builds, and test artifacts on our proprietary continuous integration framework.
- Work closely with Simulation engineers to understand their workflows and ensure that our development tools, tests and processes are helping them deliver high quality software.
- Collaborate with the team to gather requirements and deliver reporting and management systems that allow us to monitor and promptly address Simulation build and test issues.
- Drive the evolution of our build and test infrastructure to keep pace with the growing needs of the 3D Simulation team.
- Maintain clear, comprehensive documentation that allows Simulation engineers to efficiently work with our build and test infrastructure.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 4 years experience working with Python and C/C++ in a production environment.
- You have a solid understanding of version control, continuous integration and build release systems. Git experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and can interface with a wide range of technical and non-technical roles.
- Experience developing build tools for engineering teams of 15 or more developers.
- Worked with Jenkins and Build UI to setup custom build and execution jobs.
- You have prior experience in a DevOps role developing web-based tools.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Containerization experience (Docker is a big plus).
- Worked with cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform in a previous role.
- Experience with Looker database query system, GraphQL or RESTful API.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.