We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help our 3D Simulation team achieve technical excellence.
In this position, you will work closely with 3D Simulation and Sensor Software engineers as well as our Simulation Content developers to build systems that support our real time 3D simulation environment.
If you're keen on an opportunity to have a big impact on the delivery of 3D simulation systems that ultimately help Cruise deliver self-driving vehicles that eclipse the capabilities of human drivers, join us!
- Work with technical art to help set budgets that help maintain target performance profiles
- Continuously strive to improve the efficiency of our CPU/GPU software systems
- Help us evaluate and maintain our hardware specifications for both desktop and cloud computing environments
- Design and implement core systems that support the needs of 3D Simulation at Cruise
- Collaborate with our team to deliver features that contribute to the success of AV engineering
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years experience developing AAA games
- Deep C++ knowledge with demonstrated proficiency in C++11 and above
- Solid understanding of 3D math used in game engines and graphics feature development
- Domain expertise in game engine or graphics programming
- Experience developing 3D game engine systems such as: high-performance math libraries, streaming, LOD, visibility, rendering, game object frameworks, game data pipelines, animation and AI
- Experience working on cross-platform software
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Passion for fully-electric, self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- 2+ years experience using Unreal Engine 4 in a production environment is highly desirable.
- Designing and building procedural content pipelines
- Prior simulation experience, especially an understanding of autonomous vehicle sensor simulation
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.