We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
- Sensor fusion as new technology is available
- Maintain and improve existing tracking code
- Develop novel algorithms for lidar, radar and visual tracking
- Develop novel segmentation algorithms utilizing 3D point cloud data from LIDAR for object detection/recognition and scene understanding
- Work with machine learned and geometric systems
- Develop novel algorithms to detect and identify objects in the radar returns
- Work with machine learned and temporal systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, EE or similar field
- A minimum of 4 years working experience as a Software Engineer writing production C++ code
- Prior experience in any of probabilistic filtering, SLAM/Pose Estimation, optimization or machine learning
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C++ code
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with point clouds
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar infrastructure team for scripts/tools
- Excellent knowledge of linear algebra, matrix operations, and non-linear optimization
- 5+ years industry experience working with Lidar, Kinect, or Point Cloud space
- Experience with Linux
- Background in sensor fusion
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.