We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About Cruise Legal:
Cruise is creating a new-to-the-world service and a world-changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility. On the legal side, the rules are being written now, and we’re the team charged with helping guide the company on legal and risk considerations as we unlock the future. We’re a collegial group. Every role on our team matters. You’ll have the chance to make a big impact on high stakes decisions, working with technical and development teams solving some of the hardest engineering challenges of our time.
The Cruise legal team is looking for a trusted set of hands to help us continue maturing our organization. In this role, most of your time will be helping us bond with engineers in building out our compliance and export controls program, but you will also contribute to broader legal efforts by creating and launching new processes, managing existing ones, and promoting our culture of doing what’s right. Reporting to our Lead Counsel - Privacy, Ethics, and Compliance, the ideal candidate will reliably support day-to-day operations while creatively building new ways of doing things better. The person must thrive in a company rapidly growing and constantly changing.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Understand our tech inside-and-out and, based on that knowledge, work with counsel to discern what we need to do to keep Cruise compliant with export controls and other requirements.
- Come up with creative ways to integrate our compliance efforts into the company’s plans and objectives, such that compliance becomes a value-add and competitive advantage for Cruise.
- Act as a key touchpoint for our technical teams, crafting communications so that our legal advice translates into practical steps for our people, especially our engineering organizations regarding export compliance.
- Create and deliver legally-sound content (trainings, policies, procedures) that is clear, practical, and engaging.
- Be a legal and compliance evangelist in the engineering org, among business teams, and all the way up to leadership.
- Identify and help implement better solutions for routine compliance processes such as third-party due diligence, business courtesies, conflict of interest disclosures, and other reviews/approvals.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of compliance experience or experience within a legal organization
- Clear comfort and well-substantiated familiarity with technology (software, automotive technology, sensors, and legal ops tools)
- Strong record of academic achievement from top-tier schools
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Desire to get hands dirty and work hard every day
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, anticipating issues, building consensus and developing solutions
- Sound judgment and skills in problem-solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal communication
- Proven ability to establish rapport and participate in an environment of continuous improvement
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Computer science or engineering background
- In-house experience
- Tech company experience
- Experience with export control regulations
- Experience with using technology to work smart
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer science or law.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.