We're the driverless car company.
We’re currently hiring a Senior TPM to support our Engineering Productivity team in Seattle.
Engineering Productivity creates a world-class engineering environment at Cruise, by building & deploying services which improve productivity, process, and culture. We’re building systems to run thousands of complex simulation tests of AV behavior at scale, and defining the build, release, and update process for a safety-critical system that requires rapid iteration. Experience working on internal-facing tools and infrastructure is crucial for this role. Bonus points if you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and similar services.
Technical Program Managers are responsible for the “when” and the “how” of the program, and are held accountable for our teams delivering projects within the agreed upon timeline and requirements. They will be managing both the technical constraints, technical system dependencies, and cross-team dependencies while driving projects to completion.
- Lead technical specification portion of product documentation, and coordinate Design Review process
- Maintain intimate knowledge of systems, and identify unnecessary complexity or unmet dependencies
- Turn requirements and product specs into implementation roadmaps, including identifying cross-team dependencies and balancing new projects with tech debt or other proactive initiatives
- Work with Engineering Managers to calculate capacity and estimate effort for upcoming plans
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering Managers to prioritize projects based on constraints (e.g. Eng capacity, fixes required to meet existing SLAs)
- Run relevant sprint meetings (planning, retro, etc.) alongside Engineering Managers and Technical Leads
- Shield teams from outside distractions and interferences to ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Attend relevant customer/business meetings to communicate progress, answer questions, and clarify details
- Escalate and coordinate with dependent teams to unblock work
- Maintain JIRA/Structure for the team, including ensuring tickets are updated and tracked to resolution
- Document weekly status updates on progress towards deliverables, including identifying lagging work and monitoring project health
- Update company planning schedule as needed
- Monitor and flag ongoing risks, and address mitigation (where applicable)
- Ensure projects have appropriate tests and have been vetted for bugs prior to release
- Coordinate with Product Manager and Engineering Managers to ensure acceptance criteria have been met, and that projects/milestones are completed and delivered on schedule
- Validate that customer requirements and functional requirements have been met and understand the impact of latency, performance, scalability, and cost.
- Communicate schedule and progress to larger company program
- Monitor bug reporting; if bugs/issues, research root cause and drive resolution
- Ensure uptime and SLAs are being maintained
- Triage incoming support and feature requests set relative priorities for the teams they support.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans
- Work with engineers to define project success criteria and objectives
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Refine processes & tools used by your team and its cross-functional contributors
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize all project documentation
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- The ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Experience as both an engineer and a Program Manager
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of programming language (i.e., Python, Ruby, Java, Node.JS, or similar)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Experience with Platform as a Service, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of services of varying levels of maturity and scale
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Experience in Security (Platform, Application or Network)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.